» Friends don’t let friends let the ink dry up in their fountain pens
The other day I spent an epic amount of time flushing the dried up ink from my fountain pens. How can you avoid having this happen to you? Here’s a few suggestions:
1. USE THEM! 2013 was my year of the pencil which is why my fountain pens were neglected.
2. Have 1 pen that requires minimal maintenance. If you aren’t using your pens as often, try using just one. The ink in my Sailor 1911 seems to never dry out. The pen itself and its convertor are easy to clean.
3. If you are not using your pens, take the time clean them out and store them. Thankfully, this time only half of my pens required cleaning. Perhaps a calendar reminder is in order?
4. Get to know your inks. Some inks require greater effort to flush.
5. Find someone to maintain your pens for you. Has anyone started a service to flush pens yet? Someone should. (I could have asked my studio assistant to do this for me ::smacks head:: D’oh!)